Our company seeks a Loan Officer Assistant (NMLS license is strongly preferred) to help facilitate the loan application process for our clients, assisting one or more of our certified loan or mortgage officers. It’s your job to help ensure our borrowers’ loan files are complete and ready to submit to Processing. Our ideal candidate has some knowledge of loan processing and loan closing requirements, disclosures, and how to maintain compliance. However, we are willing to provide on-the-job training for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist loan officers deliver outstanding customer service to our borrowers with the loan application process. This means you’ll collect missing documents necessary to move the loan forward to the next milestone.
- Request VOEs, order appraisals, coordinate escrow and title documents with the applicable escrow officer.
- Check that applicants have correctly completed their paperwork and obtain missing information from applicants as necessary
- Perform data entry into our loan origination software and other office duties as needed
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate; associate degree in finance preferred
- NMLS license (you’ve taken the 20 hours, etc.)
- Knowledge of mortgage loans and FHA loans (preferred)
- Experience using relevant database systems
- Communication and marketing skills
- Must be able to communicate concisely via phone and email with all parties involved in the transaction
- Must approach every encounter with a positive and energetic approach
- Be ready to learn and grow daily